Gps problem!!!!

1. peterjmay

peterjmay Well-Known Member

OK, so a few days ago, a Navigation app (Im assuming it's google navigation started popping up randomly and telling me that "you need the following license to accomplish this trip" then gives me the options to choose BUY, VOUCHER, SYNC LICENSE or CANCEL... cancel takes me back to the app only to have this pop up again. SYNC, BUY and VOUCHER all take to an in app purchase system. Question is.. how do I get this app to stop popping up, and why is it all of a sudden trying to get me to buy it? (ive used google navigation before and it worked fine, never asked me to buy anything.)..

Any help?

Advertisement
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

I believe that this is something to do with the Sense 3.0 update (have you updated?)

There is a thread with known issues and some workarounds.

Gonna have a quick look, as I'm sure I've read about this one before.
  3. D-U-R-X

Just been having a look... in the thread that I linked in the my last post, there is the following post that should help you out!

If this doesn't sort you out, let me know and I'll see if I can't find anything else for you!!
  4. peterjmay

Thanks but thats clear as mud lol
    Im not using sense..what are the steps to get rid of this irritating issue!:)
  5. D-U-R-X

Sorry... not been trying to confuse things! :)

You're not using Sense? By Sense, I mean the UI of the phone itself... not the HTCSense.com website.
  6. peterjmay

Im using golauncher :) Not using htc sense on the phone
  7. D-U-R-X

Right... ok... the reason I mentioned it was that the Navigation problem you are experiencing sounds exactly like the problem from the thread I linked.

I will keep looking to see if I can't find an answer for you! :)
  8. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

Sense will still be running in the background though so it still might be worth a look in.
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  9. peterjmay

How do i stop sense running.. Im seriously thinking of just getting an iphone, so many damn android issues! This gps box is popping up more than ever now!
  10. El Presidente

You can't stop it from running, you'd need to install a non Sense ROM unfortunately.
  11. peterjmay

So chaps any more ideas how to stop this coming up. dont have a license and certainly not gonna buy one now.
  12. El Presidente

If you're running GoLauncher over the top of Sense, do you have any of the SEnse Widgets still running on the Sense homescreens? They'll still be running in the background. Have you tried disabling them?
  13. peterjmay

htc said do this

1. From the home screen, Tap All Apps.
    2. Scroll down, then tap Locations.
    3. Tap Menu.
    4. Tap Get more.
    5. Tap Menu
    6. Tap Sync license.

well see if it works.......
  14. D-U-R-X

I hope that does sort the issue out for you... let us know your findings! :)
  15. peterjmay

i did a soft reset (taking the battery out while phone is still on) and then i did these steps and the problem hasnt appeared yet!!! :p and its been over an hour

hopefully it wont!!
  16. D-U-R-X

Great - always nice when you get the thing that has been bugging you sorted!!
  17. peterjmay

nooooo its come back...looks like a factory reset :mad:
  18. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Well-Known Member

That License thing is from the Locations App... have you tried clearing cache and data via Manage Applications?
  19. porridgemummy

porridgemummy New Member

I had this problem and it was driving me mad, it was only happening when plugged in though, if yours seems worse when plugged in try a new power cable, I swapped mine with my husband who has the same phone and no issues, and the problem stopped immediately.
    I think my cable was a cheap one it did not have the HTC label on it and the cable seemed a bit wobbly.

Hope this helps someone because it is just about the most annoying thing.
    good luck.