GPS problems wit software ver 1.21.405.2

Last Updated:

1. Kezz

Kezz Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

My gps doesn't work after the latest HTC desire firmware update, it used to work ok now it doesnt, can anyone help? Checked the options in the location settings, and the option "use gps satellites" is ticked and yes I'm standing under clear blue sky :)

Tried using Gps test, gps status it just won't pick up a gps signal, waited for like 10-15 minutes.

Cheers,

Kezz

Advertisement
  2. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

I'm on that firmware.... Came preloaded in fact. I can assure you my GPS works fine. All I can think of is perhaps some software is locking\blocking GPS communication or possibly you have a faulty unit. Might be worth shutting down and trying a battery pull.
    Fixes a multitude of problems :D

3. Kezz

Let me try that.. :)

4. Kezz

didn't work..

5. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

Unless anyone can come up with a better idea I can only suggest a factory reset or contacting HTC as you might have a faulty unit. i take it you are on a standard ROM and not rooted

6. Kezz

nacatomi, yeah I'm on standard ROM, well I was going to give my desire to service due to very poor loudspeaker quality anyway, will let them have a look at the gps thing too..

thanks for your help.
    Kezz

7. hainman

hainman Well-Known Member

hi kezz.im having gps issues aswell.i use sportypal when im out on my bike and its not picking up any gps sats.even my navigation is saying my locatiomn is no where near where iam.ive tried the gps test app and it doesnt get any connection.dont seem to get anything on any app or gps connection.ive seen on other forums that people are saying there might be a fault with the actual hand set.

8. Kezz

I gave my desire to the service today.. hope they fix the issue soon.. thanks for your posts guys!

kezz