• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GPS problems with KaosFroyo...

The Natural

Aug 12, 2010
I love everything about this rom except for the fact that for whatever reason I can't use the gps because it doesn't lock on. I know it has to be something with the rom because when I restored back to stock to check there were no issues. Is this a known problem with this particular rom or 2.2? Any known ways to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Initial lock just takes forever for some reason.

I am on v32

I'll second that and go so far as to say that the GPS does not perform normally. When it does get a lock it takes a hell of a long time and half the time I give up after 2-5 minutes. minutes. its almost as if the GPS has been weakened considerably. is it possible that the signal strength has been reduced? perhaps to save battery life? I'm on a completely "stock" install of KaosFroyo v32. wiped everythingbefore I flashed and removed the and launcher with the provided script.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones