GPS problems with KaosFroyo...

Last Updated:

1. The Natural

The Natural Member This Topic's Starter

I love everything about this rom except for the fact that for whatever reason I can't use the gps because it doesn't lock on. I know it has to be something with the rom because when I restored back to stock to check there were no issues. Is this a known problem with this particular rom or 2.2? Any known ways to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Advertisement
  2. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

I think it may be a problem in Froyo ROMs because I haven't been able to get Navigation to work under KaosFroyo and Nonsensikal, it gets stuck at searching for GPS.

3. The Natural

The Natural Member This Topic's Starter

I'm on the newest version btw.

4. BellaSkye

BellaSkye Member

hm i just tested mine and it's works for me... i'm on kaosfroyo v32

5. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member

I thought I had issues too, but make sure you have a pretty clear view of the sky or aren't trying to luck on from inside a building. Froyo also seems to make gps work on demand if you have it checked in settings.

6. AdrianC14

Where in settings?

7. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member

Sorry. Should've made myself more clear. When gps is checked to be on in setting, it seems to only come on automatically when an app needs it.The icon appears on the top notification bar when it's active then goes away when not. In my stock 2.1 htc sense eris, the gps indicator was always on.

8. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I did Navigation with KF last week for the first time, but I have used Maps with GPS as well since V28 and all has been fine.

If something broke in V32, you could try flashing V30, say, get it set up, and then flash V32 over it - see if it works.

9. AdrianC14

Sometime between KaosFroyo V27-32, I think Cyanogen probably broke Navigation with his nightly builds because GPS hasn't been working for me since on any Froyo ROM.

10. L0stS0ul

L0stS0ul Well-Known Member

I'm on 32 and used navigation today. Took about a minute for it to get GPS lock but I had not turned it on in a long time. Worked great for me. Just had to wait for initial lock.

11. ehasley

ehasley Well-Known Member

Initial lock just takes forever for some reason.

I am on v32

12. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

I just used the GPS on Kaos 32 to navigate around construction in Duluth yesterday. No problems at all

Full wipe every time I install

13. Night_Watchman

Night_Watchman Member

I'll second that and go so far as to say that the GPS does not perform normally. When it does get a lock it takes a hell of a long time and half the time I give up after 2-5 minutes. minutes. its almost as if the GPS has been weakened considerably. is it possible that the signal strength has been reduced? perhaps to save battery life? I'm on a completely "stock" install of KaosFroyo v32. wiped everythingbefore I flashed and removed the and launcher with the provided script.

14. driverx125

driverx125 Well-Known Member