GPS ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. sjdean

sjdean Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I seem to be having some problems with gps pickup in programs like google maps and my tracks. While I'm on a wifi network, google maps seems to go to gps really rather quickly while indoors.

But out in the open, the phone just sits there bouncing from one base station to the other.

it doesn't even attempt to connect to gps.

Anyone else having any problems?

Cheers
    Simon

Advertisement
  2. Ferdimage

Ferdimage Member

Yeah sounds like a software thing on Maps, when i use GPS Test i pick up like 8 satellites and lock to 5+ ...

3. sjdean

Ouch,

I had a HTC Desire side by side with a Galaxy S, and the HTC Desire picks up more satellites and gets a stronger lock, more satellites, and more accuracy than the Galaxy S.

Thoughts?

Picasa Web Albums - sjdean

4. binche

binche Member

Looks like signal is stronger on the Galaxy S but with less satellite visible, so accuracy is worst.

Did Galaxy S have enough time to receive all satellite available ?

5. gerberman

gerberman Well-Known Member

When I got the phone a couple of days ago google sat nav was fine found sats really fast then I installed the new update for gogle maps and it wouldnt pick any sats up just give the searching message I uninstalled the update and it now works fine, I think google needs to do a bit more work on the software but in time I`m sure it will be great

6. sjdean

Oh yes, I'm not a chump. Took about five minutes for the person to take the picture.

Interestingly, the galaxy sees the same satellites, but the desire seems to allow satellites with a bad v signal to noise ratio.

7. sjdean

I still keep getting an issue with my tracks not defaulting to satellite.but I think turning off gps and turning it back on again seems top do the trick