1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

GPS question

1. natanvm

natanvm Member

Hi

I live in Israel and own a droid 3.I would like to know whether tracking my runs will cost me money (I have a 5mb data plan because it's mandatory and i don't use it)
    Would you also reccomend a good app for this.

Many Thanks :)

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

With Maverick you could track your runs.
    In Maverick you can preload (via WiFi) free OpenStreetMaps, so you won't need a data connection when you running.

There are a lot nav apps like Maverick but I like it because its easy user interface :)

Harry
    natanvm likes this.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

For tracking runs I would suggest Sports Tracker ( the free one with the black icon and white image of a running man, there's three of them). Its one of the best tracking apps for running.

But yes it needs data. It may not be for maps (this can be used without maps), but for the A-GPS connection. You can opt to not use AGPS (turn it off in your phone settings), but your position may be inaccurate or may not even get fixed for some time.
    natanvm likes this.