GPS QuestionsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have a few questions on the GPS on the incredible

1. is there a way to get rid of the indicator from the notification bar? the droid did not have this and i was hoping i could get rid of it on the incredible.

2. Should i leave GPS on? on the droid i left it on all the time and i beleive it wason by default. with the incredible it seems to be turned off by default. are most people turning it on?

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

it should only be in the notification bar when it's currently being used. if it's just plain turned on it shouldn't show up there.

you can leave it on and see how your battery handles it. I leave mine on and it's fine.

3. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

I only use the GPS for Google navigation or with a geocaching application. Since I know where I'm going most days and I don't cache all the time, my GPS is set for "911 only". I turn it on when I need it.

If you're using some location based app where cell tower triangulation is not sufficient to get the job done, then leave it on all the time.

4. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sorry i probbaly wasnt 100% clear on my first post. the gp indicator I was refering to is the compass looking thing. when i have gps off it still there with no waves on it but when its off the waves go away. i was wondering if there was any way to get rid of the thing all together.

i did notice the gps indicator show up when gps is used.

thanks!

5. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

aahhh, gotcha. Then.........no there isn't. Maybe when it's rooted.