GPS Rebooting Issues?

Last Updated:

1. keerf

keerf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 16, 2009

I seem to have a weird issue, with what I think I can only pinpoint (at the moment anyway) as a GPS bug? It seems to happen (not all the time, very random) when I unlock the phone. I will unlock the phone, I see the GPS icon pop up, and the phone hard locks itself and reboots.

When this first happened, I thought it might of been my weatherbug widget. So I removed that, and the phone worked perfectly. It happened again tonight, with nothing but a pandora widget and calendar widget running.

Mind you this is the 3rd handset I have gone through now, and I'm starting to wonder if I am just installing bad apps, or I am just getting some really crappy luck with handsets.

Any thoughts or idea what I might want to try doing? I've tried a new micro sd card, I haven't done a factory reset. Any other ideas what might be causing the issues?

2. JustDriftin

JustDriftin Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    I would start deleting apps in the order you installed them and see if the problem clears up. Especially apps that have/need a lot of permissions.