GPS Setting - Follow me mode?

Last Updated:

1. Roroco

Roroco Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK... There is not real reason for me to care about this, but when I am driving - and do not need directions - I like to have the GPS show the "behind me" view of the map when following. So far, I can only get it to follow me from the overhead view. Is there a trick to get this view while driving?

So far it looks like that view only works if you program a destination.

Advertisement
  2. Roroco

Roroco Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So.. I guess not?

3. virtus

virtus Well-Known Member

I've been wondering the same thing. The only way that I can get Google Nav to just show me is to enter a route, then cancel it. The nav screen stays up and it works just like a regular gps.

4. neumannator

neumannator Well-Known Member

i was looking for that today :( google has alot to work on before i ditch my garmin! i want custom POI's i want different folders to put them in. i want a POI's section so i can find gas, food, parking. i want an altitude reading. i want MORE!!!

5. DocEsp

DocEsp Active Member

Are you referring to the Latitude option inside of Maps?

6. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

Custom POIs can be done through Google Maps.

While there isn't a POI section within Google Maps, there are apps (like "Places") that will allow you navigate to certain POIs such as gas stations, food, movie theaters, etc.

7. kmfdmk

kmfdmk Well-Known Member

Yeah but the only options are to input all your favorites manually or export your GPS devices' favorites as a custom POI grouping an then import that into My Maps. Not to mention that to navigate to a Favorite you then have to view the map, find your Favorite then tap it and then hit Navigate. A drop down list would be much more user friendly.