• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GPS signal issues

I've noticed within the past month or two my Eris has been having a hard time searching for a gps signal. I'm on the Leak v.3. Sometimes it takes a matter of a min to lock on other times much longer, and this past weekend I had an indecent where it never found the signal for about a 1/2hr or more. :(

My refurb came yesterday for exact same problem.

For the past couple of months, more and more often it has been sitting at searching for satellites permanently. Over an hour on multiple occasions, including a restart. Was on other side of the state, and GPS did NOT get a fix. Almost made me unable to find my job site.

Next day went into verizon, and it did the same thing in store. Go in and get it documented every time it refuses to so it'll be less of a pain if you get a refurb for the issue.

Upvote 0
I've noticed within the past month or two my Eris has been having a hard time searching for a gps signal. I'm on the Leak v.3. Sometimes it takes a matter of a min to lock on other times much longer, and this past weekend I had an indecent where it never found the signal for about a 1/2hr or more. :(

Had same issues and after researching found Advanced Task Killer to be the culprit for me. Do you have Advanced Task Killer installed ? If ATK is running kill that app and try testing your GPS signal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones