• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GPS Signal Staying Locked On

ronjcar

Oct 21, 2009
Starting this week I have noticed that my GPS signal seems not to stay locked on. The notification bar always shows the GPS symbol, but it doesn't seem to be locked on the whole time. The reason for this is at least three programs that show speed will show my speed, but then go to "0" for a couple seconds then back to my actual speed. If we keep alternating between my real speed and "0".

The three programs are:

My Tracks by Google
GPS Test by Chartcross Ltd
Compass by Snaptic

Do I have an issue with my GPS and need to change my phone out or is there something I should do to fix this?

Thanks
Ron

My GPS had done that occasionally since I got my droid back in November. Finally quit locking on at all last week. Went to the VZW store they reproduced the problem and ordered me a replacement. This particular unit has always seemed to be a little flakey and not quite as fast/stable as my son's phone. One note, I had already done a hard reset for reasons other than the GPS so I didn't have to go through that with the store tech folks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones