Gps software

Last Updated:

1. Anon815

Anon815 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys, just got the htc hero about a month ago and it's awesome! except does anyone know of decent gps software with voice navigation? something equivalent to garmin etc. I'm not in a country where the paid market is available so if anyone could post the link to the developers site? thanks alot!

Advertisement
  2. jUsT2eXy

jUsT2eXy Well-Known Member

3. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

Not sure but I think you can only get Copilot through the market. The ALK site in the link tells you to go there to buy it, so may be no good for you.

I use Sygic Mobile Maps which I have found to be very good. Its interface is similar to Tom Tom and the support you get is excellent. It is not available through the market. You can buy a download of it from Sygic's site.

Or you can buy a retail version complete with CD and 4GB microSD card from the Teleatlas site here . Surprisingly, for the European maps Teleatlas complete with SD card is cheaper.

If you want to find out was others think of the software have a look at the PGPSW site, which has forums for most of the GPS software

4. Anon815

Anon815 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm in South Africa btw.. just checked out copilot.. they don't have maps for me :(

will have a look at Sygic now.

5. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

You will probably know by now that Sygic don't do SA either.

When I was visiting there I found that Tom Tom 6 on my WM phone (HTC Touch Diamond) with their SA maps was very good - got me to all the places I needed and address accuracy was also good. However TT have not yet released their Android version of their software (if they ever will).

You could try emailing Sygic to see if they have any plans to release SA maps - I know they are launching a new version of software and newer maps soon so they may be. Their support is very good. Or wait and see if TT produce an android version, but don't bother contacting them to ask because their support is awful. Or wait until HTC bring out the Android 2.1 version for the hero, which should have Google sat nav on. But that requires downloading the maps over the phone so not sure how good or expensive that would be for you - how extensive is the 3G network now?