GPS stalling (fix?)

Last Updated:

1. mark20044

mark20044 Member This Topic's Starter

I've intermittently had issues with my GPS not being able to get a fix on my location, no matter how I figure-8 or 3-axis twirl my Droid. Then two days ago it was really bad, and only found my location maybe twice out of the dozens of times I tried. It was the same in Maps, Navigator, GPS Status and My Tracks, rarely getting a fix no matter how long I let it search.

In the evening I noticed it was hot to the touch and my battery was draining faster than normal, so I took a look at the battery usage and found the Browser was on top, at about 49%. I thought this was odd since I had only used the Browser briefly at lunch, and Maps considerably more. When I looked at the details on the Browser battery listing, the GPS was listed with 49 minutes of CPU foreground time! (The Browser itself was only at 14m)

Figuring I might be on to something, I unchecked the "Enable Location" box in the Browser settings, and have had snappy GPS response ever since.

Has anyone else had this problem? Hopefully this works for you, too.

Advertisement
  2. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

Had the samething happen after I download maps (Brut). Could not get a fix. Uninstalled Brut and all is good.