• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GPS status data fast sampling searched

founder

Dec 25, 2009
The application GPS status provides on the screen all the data I need.

But I would like to have same sampled in 0,1 seconds periods,
I mean at last 10 times a second.

The application is to have the driving performance from different electric scooters exactly to compare.

The GPS tracking software samples not fast enough.

The 1 second sampling from GPS tracking is good enough to compere the driving performance on mountain streets, but by far not enough for acceleration tests.

GPS status samples pitch, tilt, acceleration 10 times a second would give a good database for the driving performance.

Why?

For example my new E-Max 90S gives me the feeling, that the motor controller increases the power only in half a second when starting away.

With such an application, I could proof this feeling with data, or maybe is my feeling wrong.
For example, at my new test vehicle,

With this data sampled 10 times a second, it would be possible to compare the driving performance very accurate.

I believe the GPS chip inside the android (As with 90% of all gps chipsets) only updates once per second. You could sample it 10 times per second, but each of the 10 samples would be the same.

This does not matter, because the

pitch, tilt, and acceleration sensors should provide more than 1 time per second valuable data.

When it comes to acceleration tests, this data are more important than the GPS data.

Upvote 0
This does not matter, because the

pitch, tilt, and acceleration sensors should provide more than 1 time per second valuable data.

When it comes to acceleration tests, this data are more important than the GPS data.

Right... and most datalogging software logs the other sensors (btw, pitch tilt and accelerations are all figured out by the same sensor, a 3 axis accelerometer) at a much faster rate than GPS, and then just log GPS at the normal 1 second interval. The GPS Status app I don't believe is made to be a performance logging application.

Upvote 0
Right... and most datalogging software logs the other sensors (btw, pitch tilt and accelerations are all figured out by the same sensor, a 3 axis accelerometer) at a much faster rate than GPS, and then just log GPS at the normal 1 second interval. The GPS Status app I don't believe is made to be a performance logging application.

Could You give me please a name of a software for this or an URL?

I just tired to Google
"datalogging software logs android"

and found on first place this forum thread, nothing useable :thinking:

Upvote 0
Founder: Their app is called trackmaster, google trackaroo it's the first link.

I already visited their homepage. There is a link to the market.

I visited Trackaroo - Welcome

At the bottom of the page is written

Where to Buy
Purchase from the Android Market on your Google Android phone. Search using the keyword Trackmaster.

Android phone users can click here to go directly to the Android Market on your phone

Using this link with my Android cell phone brought "nothing found"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones