• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help gps still not working fully

killer3160

Oct 25, 2008
after i got the ota update the gps was working really good and fast now a week later its back to being the same as before it takes forever to lock on and when i do gps test it says im locked on to 3-4 out of the 11 in view. just last week i used the navigation and it got me perfectly to sixflag which is 90miles away from. i haven't rooted my phone ever and i have the j16 build on it

after i got the ota update the gps was working really good and fast now a week later its back to being the same as before it takes forever to lock on and when i do gps test it says im locked on to 3-4 out of the 11 in view. just last week i used the navigation and it got me perfectly to sixflag which is 90miles away from. i haven't rooted my phone ever and i have the j16 build on it

You are not alone. GPS has been dramatically improved with JI6, but problems do persist. Such as poor accuracy, no improvement in latency in terms of finding sats and locking on, and my biggest problem is movement when I'm standing still! Stupid GPS keeps moving when my car is stationary.

Reading through Captivate, Epic and international Galaxy S threads, I've come to the conclusion, this GPS problem was deffinately hardware based. Samsung tried their best for a software work-around, and they came pretty close, but problems persist.

I've given up, and just accepted two things. 1) This is as best as the GPS will get on the Galaxy S. 2) Samsung knows the real problem and is not disclosing it. The real problem in my opinion is a hardware defect of some sort.

Oh well I've come to terms with it, lesson learned about Samsung.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones