• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GPS Time Change???

Tinsammich

May 31, 2010
So been using my DInc and have just noticed something pretty annoying. For some reason the GPS in my phone keeps thinking I am in Xuzhou, I think somewhere in China, which wouldnt be so bad but my phones time switches accordingly. This gets to be pretty annoying as it has almost made me late for work a few times. Just wondered if anyone else is having this problem and if it could be tied back to a certain app?

Edit: Located in So Cal

Update: figured out that the Beautiful Widgets clock and weather app was the culprit and switched it out for the stock HTC app and now everything works fine. Left a review stating what the problem was and hopefully there will be a solution soon. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem or not. I will try out their widget again when I get home to SF again, might be a local thing.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the solution - my HTC suddenly changed the time (set on automatic) so that it was 15 minutes out! I did what you said with the time/weather widget, IE took it off the screen and then the time was correct. Then I was able to put the widget back on and the time stayed correct. Strange eh?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones