GPS vs Task Killer vs Camcorder

Last Updated:

1. razordu30

razordu30 Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if anybody had a suggestion for me. A long time ago, I had a task killer, and life was good. Then I noticed that my GPS was acting up, and after reading this thread (http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting/19977-moto-droid-gps-problems.html) I tried uninstalling my task killer, and lo and behold, my GPS starting working great.

And the people rejoiced.

But then I noticed when I took video, I'd get this video pixelation followed by my video and audio being totally out of sync. I followed this thread (Occasional Video Pixelation and Audio/Video Sync Issues - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum) and realized it was basically the phone not having enough free memory off the bat, then getting mucked up in the middle of recording. There's a workaround listed in the thread about taking a dummy video, backing out of the camera app, then going back in, but honestly, that just means I'll stop taking video.

So it looks like it would be great if I could just clear the memory before taking the video, everything would be fine. Unfortunately, this means installing a task manager, and messing up my GPS.

So you see the problem.

I tried managing the apps through Settings > Applications > Running Services but I have no idea what I'm doing in there, and "25mb + 12mb in 4 Other: 62mb in 4" is Greek to me.

To sum up:

Task Killer = No GPS, Yes Video Camcorder
    No Task Killer = GPS, No Video Camcorder

Thoughts on how I can get GPS and Video Camcorder to work without a hitch without installing a task manager?

Advertisement
  2. jtbnet

jtbnet Well-Known Member

If you have root then I would suggest Autokiller from the Market...

"AutoKiller is an award winner minfree tweaker, it fine tunes android's inner memory manager to keep your device fast like flash and lowers battery consumption. Also includes a manual process/service manager."

Though it can be used as a taskiller, the benefit here is the tuning of Minfree memory settings for the system... I keep 60+ MB free and haven't had a low mem problem since...

3. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Well-Known Member

thanks! i will try that

4. xsoulbrothax

xsoulbrothax Active Member

Yeah, I love the app myself. It's hard to describe without mentioning the word 'task killer' somewhere in the comparison, but it just uses the built-in memory management of Android and makes it more aggressive. :) Extra RAM without manually FCing apps or running anything extra.