• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GPS won't maintain a fix

dishe

Nov 22, 2010
Wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this before.
While driving and using Navigation, I noticed the GPS connection kept getting lost. Sometimes holding the phone up to the windshield (for better view of the sky) helped, but it seems to keep losing it. Its been getting worse since.

I tried a factory reset, and even tried flashing a new ROM (from stock with custom Kernel to full on CTMod), starting over from scratch. Nothing seems to have fixed it. The GPS has its moments, and every now and then I think its fixed, but then it starts losing connections. Sometimes a soft reset seems to help for a while, but it is definitely having trouble.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me? Is it just a hardware problem, or is there something I could/should try? GPS is one of the most often used features for me, and it is now mostly useless. :/

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones