GpsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. polizi212

polizi212 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Guys and Girls,

I am looking for a GPS application that will allow me to mark waypoints and then look at them later on a Map. Or Google Earth. These waypoints would be off the road ie In the woods! Anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. BoBiGi

BoBiGi Well-Known Member

I use My Tracks (free in the market). We do some awesome extreme horseback rides where this comes in handy, as one of the rules is there is a beginning of the journey and an end destination.......no rules to show how you actually get there! Within My Tracks you can decide when to place a "track". No going in circles for us gals! (Not unless it is on purpose :)) Different Teams go different directions to reach the destination, it is fun to compare on the map later everyones differing routes! Sorry, too much info, but it is a blast :)

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I believe Google's "My Tracks" app can do it. It might not be exactly what your looking for. But you can export your path for later viewing in Google Earth on your PC.

4. BoBiGi

BoBiGi Well-Known Member

Yep, that's the one!

5. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Well-Known Member

actually sounds like fun!

6. BoBiGi

BoBiGi Well-Known Member

We used to do it without GPS.......now we don't have to pack for the night :0) It is fun, keeps us fresh, and with the use of technology we can stretch the envelope! Go Android!