GpsSupport

Last Updated:

1. SirCheese

SirCheese Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does the GPS really sucks balls this bad? I am on 2.1 and couldn't get a god damn GPS signal yesterday while driving. Is this THAT much of a problem? I am about to throw this POS out of the window. It took me 2.5 hours to get somewhere yesterday which should have been a ****ing hour. What, if anything, will Sprint do? I have had this since Nov last year and I want to get rid of it.

Also, this morning, no GPS on or anything and was on charge all night, the battery went to 50 percent according to the battery widget in an HOUR.

GOD DAMN I am getting sick of this.

Also, widgets being moved from 1 home screen to another while it's being used and without MY interaction.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Advertisement
  2. exquisite

exquisite Active Member

I used to get decent signal pre 2.1 and when I upgraded i completely lost my gps. I could never lock onto a satellite ever, even just standing still outside. I had rooted so I never had the problem with a battery issue (thanks to help from this site with tips + custom root). I pretty much got sick of not ever being able to use my GPS so I went to sprint site and had a chat with them. They had me shutoff my phone and did some sort of reset or sent a signal to my phone and after that it's been working pretty well. I don't know if you've tried that but just throwing it out there in case.

3. SirCheese

I haven't, I'll swing by the store sometime this week and have them look into it.

4. exquisite

exquisite Active Member

You can just use their live chat on their website and get it done like that if you don't want to make a trip to the store. It'll save you time and it's fairly simple unless their are other issues you wish to discuss with them in person =p

5. SirCheese

Gah, chat is offline right now. the store is just right down the street from work so it's not a big issue going there :)

6. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

The gps on the first unit I had sucked and then died. The second units gps also sucked but I lived with it for 8 months because I thought the Moments gps sucked in general. I finally swapped again a few weeks ago and my gps doesn't suck, far from it. Where as my previous 2 Moments could barely get locks in my backyard, my new Moment can get a lock (sometimes) in my windowless basement. The difference is that stark.

7. cheech4

cheech4 Well-Known Member

knock on wood, my gps works fine.