gps?Support

Last Updated:

1. escalade6103

escalade6103 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well i keep having gps problems. Im going to take it to the store when i get back home but i do have some questions. Google maps and the navigation should still work even if the phone is in airplane mode right? W the gps on of course. If i don't have a phone signal my navigation and google maps will not work. It has happened multiple times. It just continually says searching for signal. It was really pissin me off when it happened! Seems like it only happens when i need it. But iv been playing w it everything since to see if i could get it to work and no luck unless i have 3g. Anyone got any pointers?

Advertisement
  2. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

Thought Airplane mode disabled ALL radios, that would be cell, wifi and gps. I'm not certain though, never tried it.

In settings>Location you should see three options for GPS. Leave them all checked.
    One turns GPS on-off
    One quickly locates using cell tower triangulation.
    The other (enhanced GPS) uses cell info to improve the GPS lock.

3. &roid

&roid Well-Known Member

GPS is fully functional in Airplane Mode because it is a receiver not a transmitter.
    Download GPS TEST or GPS STATUS in the market and you will see that you receive GPS signals while in Airplane Mode.
    Google Maps, and Navigation require a cell signal in order to load map images.

4. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

One thing to note is that smartphones uses cell signal to get quick locks on satellites. Without it, it would require a long time for it get a signal.

5. escalade6103

escalade6103 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The gps on my dx sux. It never gives the rite location or the rite directions. One time i typed in where i wanted to go and it the way it took me was down a dead end, make a u turn and go back the other way. Im going to the vz store in the morning so maybe they can do something. Doubt it but who knows miracles have happened before.

6. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

How are you not getting the right location? Do you have all 3 gps settings checked? If you use only wireless network for location, then the accuracy is very poor. However, if you have gps setting enabled, your position should be within 10-15 feet, assuming you have locked on to satellites. The aGPS setting is for getting faster locks on satellites.