GpsSupport

1. Jake11

Jake11 Member

My gps is not working someone deleted my gps map file from the memory card now i had a copy on my pc and copied again and now its not working. Any one knows what to do. when i enter the map, its flashes and get back to menu. any solution for me plz

Advertisement
  2. apetronic

apetronic Member

You probably forgot to set the correct file permission on the map file after you copied it back to the SD-card (just a guess). If you have any other maps in your phone check the file permission for one of thoose and replicate the permissions to your "recovered"-map.

King-bob made a tut on how to install google-apps on LePhone, that deals in part on how to poke around with file permissions (if you are new to it).
    check: http://kbob.dyndns.org/lephone/GoogleApps.aspx for more info.

if that dosent work, reinstall the map in the same way you got it =)

If that dosent work, reinstall the app. If the app you are talking about is the map-software that came with the phone, you can reinstall that by extractracting it from the "lenovoapp.img" file located in the ".lenovodata" folder on the sd card. [Advanced]

Easiest way to do that is by adb (you have to start adb in root mode).
    open a shell and make a renamed-copy of the "lenovoapp.img" to a (a folder of your chooise). decrypt it (/system/bin/encrypt -d imagename.img decryped_output_img.img).

Pull that file to your pc (or copy it from the sd card) and change the suffix from .img to .tar.bz2 and unpack it. copy the gps-software (the apk) back to your phoe and install it ...

Hope that helps =)