Grab your extended battery nowAccessories

1. flash24

flash24 Well-Known Member

Just ordered mine, free overnight shipping.

BP7X

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. TheAlmightyDrew

TheAlmightyDrew Well-Known Member

It has been available for just about a week now.
  3. thrashertm

thrashertm Member

Why the hell doesn't the phone ship with this? Sigh.
  4. livspop

livspop Well-Known Member

Got two on the FedEx truck as we speak....
  5. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

Anyone know how much thicker this makes the phone? If it's not very much, I wouldn't mind picking this up.
  6. flash24

Exactly what I was thinking...
  7. flash24

I will post some pics tomorrow, not that thick at all.
  8. livspop

Got mine. The phone is really no thicker but I'm struggling with the weight. It feels like a brick now. Reminds me of my old Treo 650 from back in the day. I wish I wasn't so OCD but the damn thing just seems so heavy...
  9. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

You obviously never had an original Droid lol. That thing was a tank with the all metal casing. Durable as hell, but the heaviest phone I've ever felt. I went to that from a BB 8900 which is about half the weight of the Droid Pro.

Still, I do like how light the Pro feels and my battery life isn't bad so far, so I might just suck it up for a while.
  10. flash24

Any noticeable improvement on the battery life though?
  11. livspop

Too early to tell. I can report back at the end of tomorrow. But based on the size of the battery alone, I'm fully expecting to see at least a 20% boost by the time I have it conditioned! That should get me through a full 24 hours of average use for me. I have the second one on a charger so I just switch out every morning...
  12. flash24

I got mine today. My device feels so much better in my hand, as for the thickness, not much at all. Only bad thing is I have to return my case and holster and get a different one that will fit my device.

Will report back on the battery life.
  13. bb_or_droid

bb_or_droid New Member

Definitely. Gets better every day. I am a heavy email user (Gmail push and corp email and related sync through Goodlink Enterprise). As of yesterday I was at 60% after 18 hours of normal use.
  14. bb_or_droid

bb_or_droid New Member

Barely noticeable. In fact, my case actually fits (a little tight) with the extended battery in it.
  15. jwgraves62

jwgraves62 Well-Known Member

Is this the $49.99 one available at vzw's website ?
  16. flash24

I am loving the extended battery, been using my phone all day and I am still at 70%.
  17. bb_or_droid

bb_or_droid New Member

Affirmative.
  18. TheAlmightyDrew

TheAlmightyDrew Well-Known Member

Wow, that is crazy good.
  19. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to have to ask for this for Christmas. I've been charging my phone non-stop over thanksgiving break and all I'm doing is texting and using Gchat a lot, barely even making phone calls.
  20. jwgraves62

Def want the extended battery but now I'm hearing none of the VZW gloves/cases will fit once this bigger battery is installed....
  21. pfcjs

pfcjs Member

Not to thread jack...but you mentioned conditioning the battery. May I ask what all this consists of?
  22. bytheriver

bytheriver Well-Known Member

Is this available online only? or in stores too?
  23. flash24

Try calling your local Verizon store, mine didn't have any so I had to order mine online.
  24. thrashertm

thrashertm Member

I can only make it through 1/2 the day with the normal battery. Am I doing something wrong? I'm using Juice Defender and I've turned the brightness way down. GPS is off. I am probably fussing with the phone for a total of 30 minutes over this period of time.
  25. jwgraves62

Make sure you have the network mode set to CDMA, that should help some.