1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Grab your extended battery nowAccessories

1. bytheriver

bytheriver Well-Known Member

I never thought another phone would be as bad as my Dinc as far as battery consumption, but the Pro wins that trophy hands down.

I've checked cdma and other settings so what gives? I'm not a power user.
  2. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

So much for the low res screen not soaking up so much of the processor/battery.

Might be time to root soon, setCPU should be able to save plenty of battery life.
  3. Leccia

Leccia Active Member

Just got the battery today (haven't had time to give info on how the battery life is) but just wanted to say that the blue silicone case that I ordered from VZW, as well as a case that I ordered from Ebay (Grey Argyle silicone case) both fit perfectly with the extended battery....
  4. flash24

flash24 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info
  5. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

Did the battery come with another back for the phone? How far does it stick out compared to the part of the phone where the camera is?
  6. Leccia

Leccia Active Member

Yes, the battery comes with an extra back. It makes the phone 1-2 mm thicker and you can hardly tell at all. Basically all the battery does is flatten out the hump at the top a little bit, the hump is still there but it is not as big. Like I stated above, both of my cases fit perfectly :D
    flash24 and dcorn like this.
  7. flash24

I'm glad the shell and holster from Verizon fits with the extended battery :)
  8. ayce

ayce Member

were you able to do that without taking off the extended battery back piece?
  9. Dr Who

Dr Who Member

I will order one for my Pro - hope it will be worth the price.
  10. flash24

Yup, you just need to push it in.
  11. ayce

ayce Member

Thanks, i'll give it a try. I was worried about not having the plastic backing on and just using the case.
  12. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

Very nice.
  13. epj3

epj3 Member

Any reports on how much better the battery life is?
  14. lulugirl896

lulugirl896 Active Member

Battery life with the extended battery has drastically improved over the past few weeks:

[​IMG]
  15. flash24

What do you guys have your brightness set on? Automatic?
  16. Leccia

Leccia Active Member

OK, so after a few days of using the extended battery, I can say that it definitely is worth the money. I get 12 hours of HEAVY use out of it, where I would get 5-6 out of the standard battery w/ moderate use. The battery life seemed to improve over a few days, I guess it had to be conditioned. To answer the post above this one, yes I keep the brightness of automatic :)
  17. Kamdon

Kamdon Member

Just ordered mine. $39 shipped.
  18. thrashertm

thrashertm Member

I thought it was $50. Where'd you get it?
  19. Kamdon

Kamdon Member

Called Verizon. They even billed it to my account. That was with taxes and all.
  20. Dr Who

Dr Who Member

EBAY HAS THIS EXTENDED BATTERY OFFER:

MOTOROLA DROID PRO EXTENDED BATTERY + COVER + BP7X OEM

[​IMG]
  21. Leccia

Leccia Active Member

yep, but it's $60....cheaper at Verizon ;)
  22. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

Most people have some sort of work discount on their account where they can get at least 15% off accessories.
  23. Kamdon

Kamdon Member

Yep. I forgot about that. And then they jacked up my delivery address so they gave me another 5 off my bill. LOL. So after its said and done I paid 34 for it.
  24. lpkallia

lpkallia Member

Verizon has an online promo code for batteries, BAT30, for 30% off. I just ordered an extended battery and cover for my Droid Pro for $27.81 after work discount and promo code, including taxes. Make sure to log into your Verizon account first so that any work discount you may have applies, search for the extended battery then apply the promo code.
  25. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

Odd, I logged into my account and it didn't give me the usual 15% off accessories before the bat30 code. They have free overnight shipping as well.