Graduated from Eris to IncredibleGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Guido

Guido Member

I took advantage of the $132 trade in for my Eris. I recieved my Incredible on Monday, I really like it. But the Incredible came with a CD from VZW, I haven't even looked at it, but I am curious if anyone else has loaded/used it and what was on it? Is it VZW bloatware?

Advertisement
  2. patsfan1130

patsfan1130 Well-Known Member

Yeah, It's crap. I think it's called V cast manager. I installed it when I first got the phone and removed it within minutes. It makes a decent coaster though :)
  3. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

The disk is HTC Sync and I wouldn't bother installing it. Plus if you plan on rooting your Inc the drivers needed to root don't work properly if HTC Sync is installed.
  4. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

I just got my Incredible today from and eris also!... but i did not get a cd. Was it in the box the phone came in or separate? Maybe i just missed it.

Also, the representative that sold the phone to me told me that there would be no SD card in it, but when I went to put the 8 gig from my eris in there was a 2 gig already there. Did yours come with an SD card or am I special? :) More than likely he was just wrong. As verizon representatives usually are.
  5. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

He was wrong. Comes with 2g.

Been there, done that. It's quite a step up from the Eris to then DInc.
  6. ericDylan

Oh yes. yes it is!

I never knew phones could run this smoothly! and without even rooting it. imagine how fast this thing could go if i OCed it! :p
  7. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

I agree. I've had my incredible about two weeks (from an eris) and I'm still loving the speed.
  8. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

The Eris is like a toddler to the grown-up Incredible. Same OS, much faster phone with nicer features.
  9. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

Good to hear your posts. My Inc. is arriving tomorrow :) I kept having so many issues with my Eris and after owning 6 of them I was finally able to get upgraded to the Inc. without an extension on my contract.

I am not sure if I am going to root it or not. I have several friends who came from the Eris or Droid to the Inc. and haven't rooted, they say there is no need to (other than wanting to remove unwanted apps).
  10. BiscoJosh

BiscoJosh Member

Wait is there an eris for inc. deal going on that I dont know about?
  11. infamousx

infamousx Member

Yes there might be... Go to verizonwireless.com go to the phone tabs then click trade in. You could get 132$ when you trade in your Droid Eris.

Edit: Just posted the link
    trade-in.vzw.com
  12. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

I agree to a point; there are other reasons to root, though. The ability to flash different roms that give an entirely different look and feel would be one. But bloatware removal is a good reason.

I haven't rooted yet, btw.
  13. ericDylan

I have not decided if I am going to root or not. There do seem to be a lot of useless apps pre-installed on the incredible. It is not that I care about the amount of space they take up because there is plenty if that. I just don't like them cluttering up app drawer, but I don't think that is worth the trouble of rooting.