GraffitiGeneral

Last Updated:

1. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Any give graffiti a try yet? I used to use it a long time ago with my palm pilot. I dont think it is nearly as fast as swipe, but I do think I might be able to use it in some situations.

Honestly, this is much easier than 8pen which some people liked.

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Well i was gonna move this thread since it doesn't seem to be specific to the Incredible but I have NO idea what graffiti is so... i won't!!! LOL

3. lowboydrvr

lowboydrvr Well-Known Member

NightAngel79 likes this.
  4. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If you ever owned a palm in the old days (pre-smartphone), you probably used graffiti. Since i have an Incredible and there has been a ton of keyboard/input discussion here, I chose to post it here.

Move it if you wish. (not that you need my permission)

5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Well for the most part if it's a 'how does this work on the incredible kinda keyboard/input question' then it would stay. Sometimes if a thread gets established(lots of replies) then in most cases we(staff) tend to let it stay. Either way i'm inclined to leave this be as the general section has slowed down recently. Not to say that it might not still be moved. Either way feel free to PM a mod and they will take any suggestions into consideration

/end thread hijack, lol

6. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Works fine, I had fun with it in a nostalgic way but was no where near as fast on it without a stylus. Really pointless now but still cool to go old school occasionally. Like the old rotary phone I used to have in the kitchen just to screw with people ;)

7. Hk996

Hk996 Active Member

I downloaded it just for nostalgic reasons... don't really use, plus I kinda forgot it! Kinda funny that the mods don't even know what it is... talk about dating ourselves! haha

8. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

The recognition was surprisingly good, I thought. And it was G1 and not that Jot abomination, too. (I'm really dating myself...)

But I understand from the Market comments that the most recent version has some intrusive ads, and no ad-free paid version is available, so I'm not going to update.

9. hgoldner

hgoldner Well-Known Member

As a 12+ year Palm veteran, I gave Graffiti a whirl on my Dinc, too. Nowhere near as fast as the better keyboards. At the time I was using Swype, although I've since abandoned it for Swiftkey which I prefer. As fast as I was on Graffiti (and I really liked 1 and hated 2; did the retrofit of 1 over 2 right up to my Treo 755p, which didn't even *have* Graffiti), it couldn't compare to a well-tuned keyboard.