• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gramps wants help returning his kit to stock...

I have an Elelinux - 2.3.4 - mod on my Hero and want to return it to HTC Sense stock.

I've done this before but age is getting the better of my memory and need to be reminded of the drill! I see a lot of info, but am worried that it might be dated. Also I need to know what RUU's are unproblematic and known to be complete. How far back do I need to revert to be safe?

Still here and hoping for help!

Desperate to get (at least) Play Store on the machine, I need to have a usable Recovery screen (one with 'restore zip from sd-card' on it).

Superoneclicked the Hero and it seems to have taken: at least, Superuser is now in the Apps... This doesn't bring the screen I want. What I get is this
1img_0956.jpg

and when I run HBOOT I see this (if I'm lucky as it flashes past and vanishes):
3img_0859.jpg

Please... What do I do to get this phone into Recovery mode now?

Upvote 0
Desperate to get (at least) Play Store on the machine, I need to have a usable Recovery screen (one with 'restore zip from sd-card' on it).

Superoneclicked the Hero and it seems to have taken: at least, Superuser is now in the Apps... This doesn't bring the screen I want. What I get is this
1img_0956.jpg

(Should be a screenshot here :( I can't hack this picture-insertion stuff! Please link to Flickr: Pofadda's Photostream)
lJ6bt

...and when I run HBOOT I see picture 3 (if I'm lucky as it flashes past and vanishes):
3img_0859.jpg

Please... What do I do to get this phone into Recovery mode now?

Upvote 0
... I think the image shortening goo.gl is making your images appear as broken links here. We will be able to help better if you edit your posts to include the full length URL for the images.

I'd love to, but as the second post says, I can't seem to get the hang of it. In the second I have included a link to Flickr (via Googl). Is that the broken one? At the risk of being pwned, it should read Flickr: Pofadda's Photostream
[Edit] or https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/107829404068827554876/albums/5857551090957559825 - Now I know the value of URL shorteners!

And thanks for responding!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones