Grand Theft Auto IIIGeneral

Last Updated: 2014-02-09 09:46:50
  1. SpawnHyuuga

SpawnHyuuga Well-Known Member

Anybody tried to run GTA3 on their Admire yet? I tried it; and it will play - it's just slow. Maybe we can offset the lag somehow?

Advertisement
  2. asheehanjr

asheehanjr Well-Known Member

Where did you get GTA 3? I didn't know that was out yet.
  3. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

4. aaronmy

aaronmy Well-Known Member

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1399267

this is the armv6 cache, or speed booster. I tried playing it but it is not responsive. When i say that i mean when i get in the car and start driving, if i press the right button it will go right, but will continue to go right and take a while to recover. So it is not playable until we get a speed boost.:cool:

ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO PURCHASED
  5. SpawnHyuuga

They seem to be discussing the fact that the game works better without Audio, which generally makes sense. So if you purchase the game from the Android Market, I recommend downloading the Data package, and then maybe using an Explorer, or your computer backing up and deleting the Audio files, and we'll see how it works.
  6. aaronmy

The link i posted is the one without sound.:D.
  7. SpawnHyuuga

That makes sense then. I didn't read a lot of the thread but it makes sense. I'll try it out.
  8. piff

piff Well-Known Member

I think playing a game with no sound takes the fun out of it
    adanmex likes this.
  9. SpawnHyuuga

NEWS: In the past 24 hours the game, Grand Theft Auto III, published by Rockstar North was updated on the Android Market to version 1.1 removing support for ARMv6 Android devices.

There goes another great game, just like Minecraft Pocket Edition.
  10. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

They removed it for Arm7's too I think... I cant download it on my Esteem
  11. piff

piff Well-Known Member

wow this jusy shows me that the admire is going to die a slow death.
  12. SpawnHyuuga

I still have hope that maybe we will see CM7. I still want to leave Metro soon anyways, so I'm not too hyped up about it. I believe the issue with the black screen on our Admires is it automatically defaults to 1.1. Data; so maybe we can get the old 1.0 data back and try to play it. I was looking forward to this game. If I get a Kindle Fire for Christmas, maybe I'll be lucky then.

EDIT: After having paid the $4.99 for the legal version; I tried to obtain 1.1 in a "less-than-legal" manner to test it. App won't even RUN or LAUNCH on the Samsung Admire. Reverted back to 1.0; and downloading data. Let's see if the optimized data will run, hmmm...?

EDIT 2: Running APK 1.0 and Data from XDA. Games runs, still not lag free. I'm thinking our solution lies within Chainfire, Overclock, or somehow downgrading the graphics.

EDIT 3: Running Chainfire 3D, and XDA Setup. Game is running much better. Playable, but still has a bit of lag.

EDIT 4: Reading into the GTA3.set file. iOS users seem to have found maybe a mod for that file that could increase performance. I'm checking that out right now.
  13. SpawnHyuuga

It seemed fairly obvious that I could not just 'swap' the 'GTA3.set' between A4 iOS devices and that of my Samsung Admire, but basically what the IOS users did was Hex-Edit their file to Lower/Raise the graphics quality so I'm wondering if we can do the same. Is anybody here familiar with Hex-Editting, by chance?
  14. SpawnHyuuga

Checking in guys! After Hex-Editing my GTA3.set, I indeed found that the game became roughly 95% LAG-FREE.
    This is great news, because I'm sure by tooling with CF3D, gaining Overclock, or by optimizing your RAM that this game can run just fine.
    aaronmy likes this.
  15. aaronmy

do you think you can upload the hex-edited files, or explaining how, i never used this program
  16. SpawnHyuuga

I could try uploading my GTA3.set tomorrow or I hope this link may assist you:

GTA 3 Graphics modding guide (must see)! - Touch Arcade

Hex-Editing is moderately-difficult, but can be done. For best results use CF3D, Hex Edit, and XDA data. You need a 1.0 APK, too otherwise the Admire will just freeze. The offset is just the term for "line number" eithin the file.

Use the lowest settings possible. I.e. Low-Res, no lights, etc.
    aaronmy likes this.
  17. asheehanjr

GTA 3 Will play on the Esteem, but you have to download somewhere else other then the Android Market. I have it on mine, and it works fine.
  18. SpawnHyuuga

There is no doubt that GTA 3 will play in the Esteem if you have 1.0. It has an extra 200 MHz of Processing Power and 2x the RAM of the Admire. Otherwise, Rockstar took away any and all hope from ARMv5 - ARMv7 devices.
  19. asheehanjr

I do have the 1.0 version. I just wish we can have some decent games that can be played on these type of phones. :(
  20. aaronmy

with your esteem clocked at 1.7 GHz, im pretty sure you can if you do a little research you will find a lot of games optimized for the esteem.
  21. SpawnHyuuga

I've been told you can mod your Build.prop to be a different Phone Model and Manufacturer to open the Android Market a little bit.
  22. aaronmy

made my optimized gta3.set. doing this was kinda tricky but the game is playable now. the game is still laggy but playable as i said. soooooo... here it is.

in this set, lights are off and at low draw, blood is also off.

Attached Files:

23. aaronmy

you can but our phones is pretty much good where it is, i only came across 1 or 2 apps that i did not see there
  24. SpawnHyuuga

Aaron, I found another thread that has some additional values for us. Apparently, it's the same guide that the iOS users have but more updated. It has 2 values 'Frame Limiter' and 'Dynamic Markings' (I.e. Tire Skid marks, etc.). This guide will likely have the other hacks (Xbox Vehicles) sooner assuming it's not locked to 1.1+, otherwise we may have to contact Rockstar.

Additional Offsets:
    0x67D : Debris (Default Off in my GTA3.set)
    00 = Off, 02 = On

0x56E : Frame Limiter (I noticed a slight Speed Boost @ Off; Confirmation?)
    00 = Off, 01 = On

0x56C : Widescreen (GTA 3 failed to launch @ Off)
    00 = Off, 01 = On
  25. aaronmy

As soon as i get to my laptop i will update and try.