• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Graphic equaliser for music player?

Astro Player Beta - Cyrket is an audio playback application in beta which does feature an equalizer, depending on how much you want the feature, it may be worth a try.

chart

Upvote 0
Agreed it may be a need for the crap (although what do you honestly expect?) external speaker, but as far as headphones is concerned it's far better to buy as decent/flat response pair of headphones as you can afford, and listen to the music the way the person who mixed it intended.

Also, EQ does pretty nasty things to your phase response in return for the favourable impact on the frequency balance, and there's a lot of evidence to suggest the human ear/brain resolves frequency imbalance much more readily than phase.

Upvote 0
I was talking about listening from the speaker. It's very useful listening to streams in the shower...but like I said, its too high on the treble.

Avoiding the obvious jokes/comments about showering with your phone - just invest in a pair of cheap laptop speakers. There's loads on Ebay, some run off a couple of AA batteries and provide reasonable sound for a few quid.

Upvote 0
To get around the shower issue I have a pair of Sony MBS-400 Bluetooth speakers which were a bit of a legacy item from my Sony Ericsson W902 phone days.

I pair them, stick the speakers on the bathroom window sill and stick the phone in another room. Works pretty well. Can't skip tracks on the speaker controls, only turn down the volume. They're not the best quality ever but they do the job. You can get them quite cheap now compared to the RRP. Shop around though, there may be better speakers out there... but the concept is a good one I think :)

WRT Equaliser, I read somewhere that this was being addressed in a firmware update - 2.3 ?. There's no native EQ which is pretty annoying and a lot of the media players need your files to be MP3 which is even more annoying as I have a mixture of MP3 and WMA files.

The best media player I have found is the paid-for Meridian. No EQ, but it just works really well. Maybe this guy will add one at some point in the future ?. Who knows...

HTH

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones