• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Graphic Glitch -FIX-

dro420jr

Feb 26, 2012
Nebraska
Some of you may have encountered screen flickers, stutters and visual artifacts while using other roms besides the stock based.
I did some trial and error tests of switching out firmware files with no success, flashed ics adreno update packages with no success...

-Used Es File Explorer/Manager-

-Came across the few things that are flashed and replaced when switching roms or flashing said update packages. The "egl" folder along with c2d2.so, libgsl.so, libopenvg.so and also libsc-a2xx.so.

-My fix for this was to extract those same files I named, from any stock based (preferably the JMZ stock roms) and completely remove the "egl" folder and the ".so" files mentioned above in (system/lib/)

-Replace the removed/deleted files with the stock ones, set the permissions of the "egl" folder to "rwx r-x r-x", also the files inside permissions need to be set to "rw- r-- r--". With the ".so" files, set the permissions to "rw- r-- r--".

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures or even video to guide you through this.
If this doesn't fix the visual artifacts and stutters, I apologize. These small changes fixed my problem and I'm sharing my fix in the hope of helping many others.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones