• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

breadnatty08

pain rustique
Nov 8, 2009
Dear lord was this an awesome movie! Must see in the biggest screen you can find and in 3D. I'm hoping to see it again today with the wife. (in an IMAX; wanted to see it at Natural History Museum, but you know why we can't :rolleyes:)
So far it's at 98% on Rotten Tomatoes, highest I've seen any movie get to. :)
You'll be on the edge of your seat for the entire movie!

Reactions: ocnbrze
I got to see it last night, and thought it was fantastic. I love cinematic sci-fi stuff, and was blown away by the visuals in this film. It's quite stunning. The shots with earth in the background look amazing, and the effects are in a league of their own; 2001 caliber even. Not to mention, Sandra Bullock gives a great performance, and the movie is very well written. I just wish there was an Imax close enough that I could see it on the big, big screen.

Upvote 0
We've seen a few at the Natural History Museum IMAX which claims to have the largest screen on the East Coast. TDKR and Star Trek were amazing there. So bummed we couldn't see Gravity there, stupid government shutdown closed it. :mad:

It's worth it for movies with huge landscapes and rich scenery such as Gravity for sure. :)
The cost is obviously more, but for a few outings a year, go for it!
BTW:
'Gravity' pulls in $55.6 million for biggest October opening ever | The Verge

Upvote 0
i want to take my 10 yr old daughter to and 8 yr old niece to this movie.
at an IMAX thearter. it is not at an IMAX place.. but a an IMAX screen at a regular thearter. is it just as good????
it is PG-13.

my ex-wife does not want her to see sex related or heavy cussing. PG-13
Ex-wife is taking the "13" very seriously!
(lets not get into child raising debates here)

are there any in-appropriate sceens?

thanks

Upvote 0
i want to take my 10 yr old daughter to and 8 yr old niece to this movie.
at an IMAX thearter. it is not at an IMAX place.. but a an IMAX screen at a regular thearter. is it just as good????
it is PG-13.

my ex-wife does not want her to see sex related or heavy cussing. PG-13
Ex-wife is taking the "13" very seriously!
(lets not get into child raising debates here)

are there any in-appropriate sceens?

thanks
There is a little bit of swearing, but not heavy (anything heavy would get an R rating anyway). You do see a few dead bodies frozen in space after the initial accident. There is no sex scenes or nudity. The closest thing to sexual content is the "space suit underwear" (really can't think of anything else to call it) that she wears for a lot of the movie. So, unless your ex would find this too offensive for the kids:

video-undefined-1BA51708000005DC-288_636x358.jpg

Then you're probably fine.

kinda sorta spoiler-ish:
There's no romance angle, the movie focuses more on her dealing with grief, and finding a reason to fight to stay alive.

Reactions: ocnbrze and dan330
Upvote 0
do you think children.. will enjoy this movie?
or will it go over thier heads?

I think they'd enjoy it. Keep in mind, it is a pretty stressful movie all the way through, but never a boring moment.
There is a little bit of cussing which I'm surprised made it through PG-13 rating. Just depends on how old they are. Not a parent here, but, I'd surmise 12+, they'd love it. :)

Reactions: ocnbrze and dan330
Upvote 0
If Gravity is not taking at least Visual Effects Oscars. I'm not watching another Oscars again!

It's a great movie, it's very unique. It keeps you tense the whole time. Yes it's not 100% physics accurate, but I'd say it's one of the most accurate movies ever made. It's designed to be watched in TRUE IMAX 3-D. It's probably not going to be very interesting for now day teenagers who are crazy about zombies, vampires, super hero and comic book movies. It's a serious movie and it suits anyone over 18 I'd say. Finally some movie which will attract watchers of almost all the ages.

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
Don't do this to yourself. If you are going to start looking into every single detail you are just going to ruin it for yourself.

It's not the picture you're painting.

I enjoy Star Wars. The fantasy masquerading as sci-fi doesn't bother me.

I haven't been in space but I've been to launches and some of my stuff is flying up there.

A friend sent me the article so I read it. It's how I learned that the movie existed in the first place.

If you don't want to clarify what you meant, that's cool. :)

Cheers!

Upvote 0
It's not the picture you're painting.

I enjoy Star Wars. The fantasy masquerading as sci-fi doesn't bother me.

I haven't been in space but I've been to launches and some of my stuff is flying up there.

A friend sent me the article so I read it. It's how I learned that the movie existed in the first place.

If you don't want to clarify what you meant, that's cool. :)

Cheers!

I meant its a sci-fi movie, and not documentary. I've seen people saying "too many plot holes, unrealistic, should have tried harder, plot holes etc" if you one of this folks no movie will ever be fun.

They tried to make it beautiful and it's not another movie taken over by pointless CGI. This movie was designed for IMAX and they did great job making it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones