GREAT CURRENT BESTSELLERS ebooks site

Last Updated:

1. crenita

crenita Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There is an app called Shortcovers. in the android market..

It will let you both read free books an BUY CURRENT BEST Sellers BOOKS...

The site is uses a Kobo ereader and they sell them at the Borders bookstores..

I am just thrilled to finally find someplace that has an easy access to purchase current books for my little Droid..

Hurray this is a good day for book readers... ME...:p

Advertisement
    Jeanine, melissab and sooper_droid12 like this.
  2. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

It's really great that you found a reader you like so much...but I thought I should note that I've been buying and reading current bestsellers on my Droid since I got in January, using eReader for Android.

3. crenita

what site have you been using.??

. all the sites I found needed to convert everything. and I just want a simple buy / read app.. 5seconds and I have my book...

.but did I miss something ??

4. GirLuvsDroid

I don't have to convert anything to use eReader for Android. Just need to buy ebooks in .pdb format and they read perfectly on the Droid.

5. GirLuvsDroid

I use sites like eReader.com, Fictionwise, Diesel ebooks and Palm ebooks.

I also have iReader on my Droid, because it will read mobipocket books, and if I can't find a book on my .pdb format sites, I can usually find it in .prc (mobipocket) format. I've never yet not been able to get a current book that I wanted to read on my phone.

6. MajesticFlame

MajesticFlame Well-Known Member

I like Kobo books but I am not a fan of the Shortcovers app. I have it but what I am looking forward to is the new Kobo app. They are supposed to be putting out a beta soon and you can sign up for it on their site.

Kobo Beta Program ? Kobo

The Shortcovers app only remembers the current chapter and not page you are on, you can't customize the view at all and photos in books don't show up. It is extremely annoying to have to flip through a bunch of pages if you didn't happen to get to the end of the current chapter you were on. It also doesn't allow storing of the books locally so if you happen to lose connection you won't be able to read beyond the chapter currently downloaded.

People seem fairly happy with the Kobo apps on other platforms. I just hope they allow mapping to the volume keys for page turning like some of the other reader apps. I prefer that to tapping on the screen or swiping.

crenita likes this.
  7. crenita

thanks for the link.. signed up for that beta version.

8. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

I think I will stick with Aldiko Pro. I don't mind converting what I already have to their format. It takes all of 2 seconds or I can just download from their enormous library. And there is a lot of that that is free.

9. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

What I'd like is a ereader that provides something I had w/an ebook app on my Blackberry - timed scrolling or timed page turning. I like to read while I'm working out on the elliptical, and don't want to have to manually turn pages. Is there a good Droid ereader that does that?

10. kokiangel

Isilo offers the option of scrolling but it is an expensive app and the Android version is not as good as the one I used with my Palm Treo. I was quite disappointed. The only saving grace to it was the scroll option.

11. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Thanks...I'll look at Isilo.

Auto-scrolling is such an obvious feature in an ereader, I don't get why it is almost universally absent...

Tried Isilo...autoscroll moves at a snail's pace and no way to adjust speed...not a winner.

12. kokiangel

Been looking around to solve your book reader problem and there is a free reader available called Endless Reader. It only accepts txt format at present so you would have to convert your books but it does allow you to change the auto scroll speed. Not bad for a free reader. Calibre will convert most books very quickly and easily if you haven't tried it and it is also free.