Great Ebay Deal on Evo. Only $499.99 for JUST THE Shipping. The phone is additional

Last Updated:

1. stroths

stroths Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was browsing ebay and ran across [​IMG]THIS listing. At this time, the bidding is over $300, but the shipping is $499.99 and its USPS at that. Really?

I can't believe people are bidding on it. I am not normally one to report things, but I sent ebay a message on this. On top of the over the top shipping (which is an ebay violation of terms), this seller has a feedback score of zero.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

I know... People are nuts or just careless. One of the sellers on bay has zero feedback and is selling two Evo's from the I/O, which maybe he bought one off of another developer after the conference but come on... He is also selling two 3G iPads 32g

Update: I contacted the seller and he stated that the thought process behind the shipping was that ebay takes it's percentage off of the sale and not the shipping. Anyway he does actually have the device though as he sent proof via pic with my username and today's date in it.

3. setite

setite Member

I guess the question is do you care that he is trying to rip off eBay?

4. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Nope he can ripoff eBay all he wants. However the original listing was removed and now another one is up. He actually has two listing for the phone.. One with ridiculous shipping and one with regular. I asked him why his listing was removed and he said it wasn't... The phone sold. I call bs at this point

5. devgrp

devgrp New Member

Guys its not really a rip off. Its a way to get around the ebay fee for listing. If they list it for a really low price, then ebay cant get a high fee, but the seller still get the money he want for the phone. I'm sure he wont really charge $499 for shipping and if you've been on ebay long enuff you will know this so I'm sure the bidders know.

6. PhaseIII

PhaseIII Member

Its obvious he is trying to avoid the fees... i dont blame him, ebay + Paypal fees have gotten out of hand... But, i really dont think the bidders realize the shipping cost, because according to the pic, the total is ~$800 .. while there are plenty buy it now auctions for $600-$700.. so hes just going to end up with a non paying bidder and possibly a negative feedback.. not to mention its against eGay policy, so a possible suspension also

7. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Guest

Normally when you go this route you have a low buy it now.
    Isn't shipping automatically added in when you win an item?
    If it's there it automatically be processed. It'll be upto the buy to refund it.
    In this case I think it is misleading.

8. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

Removed!