• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Great galaxy note cases

Hey all. I just got my Flap Case yesterday and wanted to share my thoughts.

1. This case is so slim. I mean SLIM. I can't even tell I have it on when I am just holding it.
2. This COMPLETELY covers the front of the phone and leaves NONE of the glass exposed.
2. This replaces the back cover plate with a textures cover vs. a slick cover. Personally, I like this MUCH better!

The only real complaint I was able to find about this case was that the "flap hangs down when you try to take pictures and it can be a little hard to hold". Now, I took several pic with this case installed and the first couple, I thought they were right, however, once I found the right positioning for my hands, I don't give it a second thought.

Be warned, there are 2 different types of "OEM" Cases on sale out there on the internet.

You want to make sure you get a good set of pictures of the ACTUAL ITEM, not a "similar item".

The TRUE OEM one replaces the back cover and has the flap, the knockoff "OEM" covers the back cover and ads bulk and is not as nice.

I have ordered both (eBay). The true OEM was from a seller in the US, where the knockoff OEM was from China. The one from China will not get here until the end of April, so I will post a review and pics about that one when it arrives.

For today, you get to see the true OEM case.

As I took it out of the box
01.jpg

Opened up - Pre-Install
02.jpg

The back of the case
03.jpg

Preparing for install
04.JPG

Installed (Back)
05.JPG

Installed (Front)
06.JPG

Installed (Closed)
07.JPG

Sides (Installed)
Sorry for the fuzzy, but could not get the camera to focus clearly.
08.JPG

09.JPG

Thanks all!

Reactions: Rambler358
Upvote 0
I upgraded to the Seidio Active w/ Kickstand in the Glossed White color. Here's what it looks like:

CSK3SSGNTK-GL-4.jpg

CSK3SSGNTK-GL-5.jpg

I really like it in white with the kickstand much more than the plain black and no kickstand. My first Android was the original Evo so it feels like a super size version of that. Plus it still has the same protection of the one I reviewed before, which is great since I sell my phone every year and put the money towards a new one. Highly recommended.

Upvote 0
I upgraded to the Seidio Active w/ Kickstand in the Glossed White color. Here's what it looks like:

I really like it in white with the kickstand much more than the plain black and no kickstand. My first Android was the original Evo so it feels like a super size version of that. Plus it still has the same protection of the one I reviewed before, which is great since I sell my phone every year and put the money towards a new one. Highly recommended.

Where did you pick yours up from my. My 6th and final gs2 is now dead so Att is sending me the note on tuesday and want to be prepared.

Upvote 0
My note came in today so I went to best buy and bought the flip cover. Used my rewards and got 10% off so 30.00 out the door. Very happy with it. Only downside was I didn't even have my note for 2 hours and I broke one the tabs on my oem back cover when I tried to pull it off :(

FWIW, flip covers are on Amazon for $15.

c6e4c891-5f41-2a34.jpg

Got this $8 case for mounting in my car, and it's adjustable kickstand. Adds very little bulk, makes it easier to use w/one hand (more grip), and can be mounted in the holster front or back.

d03623dd-60d2-9d0c.jpg

Upvote 0
Did that come with a replacement back cover? I can't find one at the moment

No replacement cover with mine. It's a (2) piece model...one covers the phone itself, and never comes off. The other is the holster w/kickstand.

http://www.amazon.com/Rubberized-Holster-Samsung-Galaxy-GT-N7000/dp/B007L7PEAG/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

I "thought" I had ordered (2) similar models, from diff. vendors, in case the phone case wouldn't mount in the holster w/the screen exposed, but wound up fat fingering the order and getting a GSII case.

Upvote 0
Based on experience, which type of case (soft, hard, plastic, metal) is the best to protect the Galaxy Note from being damaged by drops? The problem I have with the original Samsung flap case is that when it is opened up during the drop, the sides and the front of the Note will not be protected.

Upvote 0
I just got the Zenus vintage leather case for my Note and couldn't be happier with it. Ran about $60 but it's a really nice case. You can find it on Amazon: Amazon.com: Galaxy Note Leather Case Prestige Genuine Leather Vintage G-note Diary Series - Vintage Brown: Cell Phones & Accessories

Fits great and seems really well made.

Thought about something like that. I carry keys and wallet in right pocket and phone in left. Using a case like this, I could get rid of the wallet.

Upvote 0
ok so i been rocking those fake looking otter box i got on ebay for 8 bucks and so far its a ok case i mean you get what you pay for , i just order ,whichis the cheapest ive seen it so far, il post pics and video about it when it arrives

Amazon.com: Seidio BD2-HK3SSGNTK-GL ACTIVE Case and Holster Combo with Metal Kickstand for Samsung Galaxy Note - Combo Pack - Retail Packaging - Glossed White: Cell Phones & Accessories

and i also ordered bumper , i know it wont provide any protection but sure makes the note look good ...i will also provide a video and pics for this ..when items received

Duralumin Silver Bumper Case Cover For SAMSUNG Galaxy Note I9220 N7000 I717 | eBay

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones