Great hardware, poor software.

Last Updated:

1. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After playing with the phone for a bit I have decided I love the hardware, feels great screen size is perfect, all that fun stuff. But as has been heard by many others already, the software sucks, Bing as default search, VZ nav as default GPS, the touch wiz over lay, all of this makes the phone very undesireable to those who have used android before. Now once the root community gets a hang of the device I believe it will become great.

over all id say a 7/10 rating as is, when rooted with custom roms 9/10 (would be 10/10 if power button was on top)

Advertisement
  2. TheAlmightyDrew

TheAlmightyDrew Well-Known Member

Download LauncherPro or ADW Launcher for free from the Market. Problem solved.

A video on Youtube was uploaded today that shows you can get Google Search on your phone if you download LauncherPro without having to root.

3. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

havent tried that, since its a phone we have to sell, its not connected to the web or anything.

4. Badmf222

Badmf222 Member

Nope, that video was a false alarm. You get the Google search widget, but your search results are still redirected through Bing. Sucks.