• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Great news from TMo about my upgrade

Cryptic79

Android Enthusiast
Sep 10, 2008
St. Louis, MO
My official full upgrade date is Oct 20th, but I was approved to get the full upgrade rate on any phone right now.

So, I wanted to get the G1 on the 22nd. Since I don't have 3G here, yet, I would have to order it online/over the phone. I called and they said that for the pre-order, they can't "fix" the price to $179 over the phone. HOWEVER, they said once I received the bill with the $299 charge on it, to call and they will credit my account the $120!

Great news for me!

I went with black, after all, because the keyboard on the brown was silver-ish. That was a deal breaker.:p

The store at the Mills told me that STL is a #23 in terms of priority. Sounds like that's pretty far down the list.

I work in Hazelwood, though. So that should get the coverage. The home Wifi will help. I'm sure I'll be too engrossed in the G1 to pick up the laptop much (except to start building Android apps).

The week of 10/20-10/26 is like Christmas in October for me:
10/21: Fable 2 for XBox
10/22: G1
10/24: Blues "Pink at the Rink" game
10/25: First Blues game of 5 games I have tickets for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones