• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Great news! Motion Extended Battery Gets TPU Cover!

jacobdrj

May 22, 2012
My sister texts me last night. Asks me if she can get both an extended battery for her LG Motion 4G, and a case that will fit it. After searching months previously having had the Motion for months, I said 'surely NOT! '
Boy, was I wrong! Looks like some pioneering Chinese entrepreneur discovered this under served niche and finally gave us extended battery users a case with which to cover our trusty bulky phones.

Behold!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId= 281090157689 &index=5&nav=SEARCH&nid=41630291853

Ebay now has a few merchants selling TPU cases in some color.

Yay capitalism!

My sister texts me last night. Asks me if she can get both an extended battery for her LG Motion 4G, and a case that will fit it. After searching months previously having had the Motion for months, I said 'surely NOT! '
Boy, was I wrong! Looks like some pioneering Chinese entrepreneur discovered this under served niche and finally gave us extended battery users a case with which to cover our trusty bulky phones.

Behold!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId= 281090157689 &index=5&nav=SEARCH&nid=41630291853

Ebay now has a few merchants selling TPU cases in some color.

Yay capitalism!

I had to log in just to thank you for this find! ;):thumbup:

Upvote 0
at work we use the ones from hyperionea, you can find them on the bay, the first couple they sent us were no good but their customer service is excellent and they sent us extra batteries and they work good. they also have a cover for the battery, but their cover is not like the regular silicone ones, it's harder.

I have over 6 ppl at the office using them and can vouch they work good, I use it also, and like I said, hyperion's customer service is excellent.

Upvote 0
I actually have the TPU case. It is great for many reasons:
1) Not quite 'smooth' not quite 'rubberized'. While I love the feeling of rubberized cases, they tend to 'wear out'. This case provides grip, but won't wear out.
2) It provides a 'lip' around the screen. This case slightly raises the screen above the surface of the table. Yeah, I know she has Gorilla Glass, and I even have the crazy privacy screen protector, but it is nice to not have to worry about some dust on my desk risking a scratch on my screen, because the screen is just not ever touching that surface.
3) Looks very cool. It looks kind of like well done 'snake skin' scales, and the back are hexagons. The black is very black, the red is very red, and the light blue is powder-blue.
4) The cuts are PERFECT! How many times have you gotten a silicone case that didn't quite have that perfect cut to all of the ports? How many of you have had all the right cuts in all the right places, but the holes for things like the USB weren't big enough for actually plugging in all but the thinnest USB jacks? This one has ample room around the appropriate jacks, and the cuts are in all the exact right places.
5) It fits my generic extended battery case like a glove. It just fits like you would want it to.
6) Inexpensive. I got 5 of them for my family, friends and myself. They were around 7 dollars at the time, and 5 dollars more if it came with the battery.

Things I don't like about this case:
1) The red case gets dirty easily. It shows smudges and those smudges don't go away.
2) It is too hard to take the case on or off without feeling like you are going to tear the case. You won't (or at least I have not) but it has become enough of a hassle to remove the case where I no longer swap batteries. It just isn't worth the time.
3) Like all cases, it makes the phone a bit warmer than I prefer. There isn't much it the way of 'ventilation' and the TPU material is quite an insulator. The extended battery all ready messes with the thermals of this phone to begin with. This case (along with my screen protector) just adds to the mess. If you try to run Pandora, with GPS, and WiFi, and Data, and the screen is on top brightness, while bluetooth is on, and the phone is charging, the phone gets HOT. VERY HOT. Like in the 150 F range. The phone reboots a lot when this happens.

In all, I love the phone, I like having more juice via the extended battery (even if I have to reboot the phone to get that extra juice), and I love this case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones