Great News: New speed-up Rom for UK tomorrow

Last Updated:

1. Publicglutton

Publicglutton New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Just thought you would all like to know that I have just spoken to to HTC customer services after a customer feedback call and he informed me that the New Speed-up rom will be availiable on the UK website today 15th september.....[​IMG].so now we will al have an almost perfect device...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. brittas

brittas Well-Known Member

How long til Tmobile and Orange release it tho?

3. spongybeanz

spongybeanz Member

hi, i have the htc hero on orange and im in the uk. I sent htc an email lsat night asking for info on the new rom update and they said,
    "Good Morning Sam, As advertised on the Orange website the update is being released tomorrow. Kind Regards, HTC Europe"

i looked on orange website and called them and found no such info so i explained this to them and they just replyed,

"Hi Sam, Yes i do hear from time to time the support on the Orange network isnt as desirable as one might hope. I suggest you call them again and speak to a supervisoror line manager to get the correct information. There is definately an update being released and Orange will definately be advertising this. We have attempted to find a link, but it seems the Orange support page isnt working correctly at present. As your device is branded by Orange UK i cannot help you further than that. Kind Regards, HTC Europe"

so it looks like the 16th of sept is going to be a good day :D lets just hope they update their website :p

4. robbiec

robbiec Member

At last...

5. ldn-j

ldn-j Well-Known Member

Looking at the Orange wesite, the other manufacturers links go straight to the manufacturers support pages rather than having anything specific to Orange. Therefore don't we just need for it to appear on HTC support ?

6. hniu

hniu Member

7. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

What would happen if you installed the HTC update over the modaco one?

8. gibbo

gibbo Member

Got my Hero with T-mobile and got this message when I put in my serial number :

Sorry, this software download is not suitable for your device.

:mad::mad:

9. mcmonkiez

mcmonkiez Well-Known Member

ORNAGE UK Same here..

Sorry, this software download is not suitable for your device.

10. computerboyo

computerboyo Well-Known Member

I guess we just have to wait for operator specific update ROM's.

11. ripkord

ripkord Well-Known Member

Nothing the modaco build INCLUDES this update.

To allthose who havent and are now waiting on t-Mobile getting their fingers out.........Just ROOT IT! :)

12. spurs4life

spurs4life Member

I would guess that orange have no intention of releasing this update soon. I have had three handsets from orange now because of poor signal and missed calls (when my phone was reporting full signal). My last conversation with them was that they were happy to terminate my contract as and I quote their techinical people 'The Hero is not compatible with their masts'.

This is a cop out on their part as of course they are compatible! I think orange are giving up on the Hero already and (this is pure guess work on my part) they have no intention of releasing an update soon.

I hope I am proved wrong!