Great news!!! (Well... for me ^o^)

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

A friend came over and she has the Evo. So I tested out to see if I actually had a 4G signal in my house and I do :D

I ran some speed tests and consistantly averaged between 3mbps to 4mbps download speeds (During a couple tests, it actually hit 5 but dropped back down some before finishing). Now I'm really excited to get the Epic 4G. It was great, it didn't flicker in and out of 4G much and everything was fast. And this was all with only 1 bar of signal for the 4G connection. I can only wonder what it would be if I had a couple more bars...

Unlike my Moment which whenever it switches into 1x/edge/2G, I have to literally stop doing anything data related first and then literally wait for it to switch back into EV/3G, on these new 4G hand sets you can turn the 4G off and back on. This means if I ever lose my 4G signal, I can simply toggle my 4G icon off and back on and it will be right back on 4G. Much better than what I have to do with my Moment.

Anyone else have 4G in their home?

Advertisement
    :
  2. crow11ad

crow11ad Well-Known Member

Congratulations:D...cannot wait to get the epic and 4g.
  3. So-Low Da Don

So-Low Da Don Well-Known Member

i HAVE 2 TO 3 BARS OF4G AT MY HOUSE!! but we never ran any speed tests, but it was fast
  4. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member