• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Great phone but the build quality isn't that great

aconrad86

Jun 1, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I love my Dell Streak. I dont want anyone thinking of buying to get the wrong impression but I have had some issues with Dell regarding exchanges I want to warn anyone thinking of buying it about. I got my first one almost two months ago. I spotted a piece on the phone that was coming loose. It is the part of the housing by the speaker on the front of the phone that covers the front facing camera and speaker and proximity sensor. one side of it is loose and has been loose on both of the phones they have sent me. After processing the first exchange it took fron September 27th until November 4th for me to actually recieve the exchange model. during that time I had to resubmit the exchange 3 times because they never sent it. I am on the phone with Dell right now trying to get them to send me a new one since I have had this second phone for less then a week and the piece is already coming off again. I love the phone and wish everyone the best of luck with it but I honestly don't know that after what I have had to go through, and am still going through if it is worth it. I'll update this when it gets resolved.

I have had my streak for about 6 months now and apart from the 2.1 update I haven't had any problems. I have dropped it quite a few times as well but all seems well. Maybe you have just been unlucky? That or I am one of the lucky ones :p . Maybe others can share their experience as I don't know anyone with a dell streak.

Upvote 0
I have seen a few other people with this issue but mostly I just think it's unlucky. I love the phone so much I just dont wanna get locked into a two year contract with a phone coming out from the beginning and the experience with Dell is the only thing having me doubt the decision. But to update from earlier I already got the automated message saying that my new replacement is already on the way so it looks like they are trying to get it together.

Upvote 0
I believe all that holds plastic side pieces on is a strip of double sided tape. While they do come loose too easily it wouldn't be hard to put them back on yourself either. I've had 2 Streaks and the first one was very obviously lifting from the case on one side. The second one I received just a few days ago is much more secure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones