Great PhoneGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Aerimus

Aerimus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know if this is a case of over hype, or people being bored with the Hero, or what? But I went to Verizon to check out the Droid today, and came away loving the Eris so much more. I just don't get it. I suppose it's because the screen is finally an Android screen that is huge, so people are willing to overlook other things.

However, as someone coming into Android phones freshly, I liked the Eris much better.

If it came with 2.0, a larger screen, and Google Navigator, it would be a no brainer. Wait...did I just describe the Passion/Dragon?

Advertisement
  2. ssgmun32

ssgmun32 Active Member

Possibly but those are just rumors. Ther Eris is available right now and it is a great phone. Hopefully soon the Eris will get the 2.0 update and maybe a Sense UI update(wishful thinking).

3. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

I second that, sans the dr*** talk. I came back from verizon and must have played with the Eris for 1.5 hours and the droid for about 10 minutes. I could totally see getting this phone and being quite satisfied as is with the little bit of potential for android 2.0 with nav.

4. droidnut

droidnut Well-Known Member

AND 1! There's always something bigger and better around the bend. I just can't justify waiting any longer for the battery sucking vampire...I mean snapdragon. :D Besides, this will be our 1st Android experience and there's no prob w starting out w the Eris. It's a great phone and has all we need.
    Isn't the Passion ( girly name ) rumored to be released 1st quarter? Too long to wait considering VZW doubling the ETF on the 15th of this month.

5. LarryMcJ

LarryMcJ Well-Known Member

The Eris will definitely get the 2.0 upgrade...but I'm just not sure when. I was told by a Droid field rep that VZW brought into our local VZW store to answer questions yesterday.

I couldn't be happier with my Eris...the problem I have is font size in everything except the browser, where it can be changed. But that is an Android/Google issue...the phone itself is absolutely awesome! In fact, if the Eris had been $199 and Motorola Droid $99 I would have still bought the Eris. It may have some faster specs, but it felt slower to me.