great way to markedly improve battery life!

Last Updated:

1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I disabled the auto backlight. I then manually adjust it depending on my needs . I spent the whole day at airports going from Pittsburgh to Denver to see the Steelers beat the Broncos tonight and I still had 25 % battery after multiple calls, dozens of texts and surfing the web for many hours. I also used handscent for sms . The autobacklight is set very bright . I am trying to find a good app to add as a widget to quickly manually adjust the brightness . I found one but it did it in too big of steps. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. pking

pking Well-Known Member

'Quick Settings' is what I use, but you're going to find you'll run into a problem.

For some reason something in the SenseUI software resets the brightness automatically, even with the auto-backlight disabled.

For example, if I change the brightness down to '0%' in Quick Settings, it works fine, screen goes really dim - as soon as I leave that app, the brightness reverts to it's previous value.

There doesn't seem to be a way currently for 3rd party apps to make the brightness change 'stick', but now that the phone has been rooted someone will figure it out.

[edit]
    Also, holy crap! You flew all the way out here just to watch the Steelers get run out of town? You're a dedicated fan my friend, dedicated. ;)

3. denverobsession

denverobsession Member

I'm hoping pking is right... about the Broncos and the pending solution now that Hero has been rooted... :)

4. cirehawk

cirehawk Well-Known Member

I'm hoping someone will fix the bluetooth issue as well. Not being able to receive calls in my care via the integrated bluetooth kinda sucks. That's something even my Samsung Instinct got right.

5. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sorry about your Broncos guys.....the Steelers looked great! Steelers 28 Broncos 10! :)

Anyone know of app that acts like a slider to control the light brightness?