• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Greeetings...

oortega1

Lurker
Jan 13, 2014
KSA
Well, maybe I will be more social later; but for now, like many I've already seen online, I'm just another disgruntled S4 user who's lost access to the 'blue arrow' navigator and frankly, the Google Maps one sucks royally!!! I was recently back in USA for the holidays and it got me from Ohio to Florida and back beautifully; it has been finding me my way home quite often (here) in Saudi, where I work... Maps, on the other hand, got me lost the other night after I realized that my trusty navigator was now gone! those bastards!!! so, now that I've vented a bit, can anyone help me to find and/or restore the good ol' navigation system I've come to trust!?!

Oscar:mad:

Hi oortega1. Welcome to Android Forums. I'm sorry the nav app is giving you problems. I suspect the only way to step back to the old navigator would be to achieve root. You will want to check out your options in the S4 discussion area. Here is a link:
Samsung Galaxy S4 - Android Forums
Best of luck to you and thanks for joining the community.

Reactions: oortega1
Upvote 0
Welcome to AF,oortega1!
Like you, I found the blue arrow navigation app much more useful than the maps version.
Unfortunately, I do not think there is any way to get it back, unless as Olbriar suggested you could try rooting your phone. If that is your choice, you will find lots of useful info about rooting in the "all things root" section of the S4 forum link that Olbriar provided.
Let us know if there is anything else you need help with.:)

Reactions: oortega1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones