green line on the screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. ryomn1

ryomn1 Member This Topic's Starter

hey everyone so ive been noticing over the last few days is that there is a small green line, or something like a green hue on the volume side of the screen when i have the market open, browser open. when i pull down the notification bar its really evident that there is a green line next to the wifi button. if anyone has any ideas on what it might be or what i should do id appreciate it a lot. thanks again

Advertisement
  2. miyooper

miyooper Well-Known Member

I think we all have it. I never noticed it til someone pointed it out.

3. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

maybe you..no green line on my phone it would have been back to verizon so fast they wouldnt know what had hit them if I had something like that..

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

No green line on mine either.

5. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I am also green line free.

6. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

I have that as well. What's interesting is that I tried to SS it with ShootMe, and while it showed up when viewing the picture in Media, when I uploaded it and looked on my computer browser, it was missing. Something hardware-related, perhaps.

7. razorclose

razorclose Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I remember hearing about this shortly after the SF was released. I've had it on both of the SFs I've owned

8. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I thought I had one, but it's there on my computer screen, mirror and neighbor's fence, too.

9. miyooper

miyooper Well-Known Member

It only shows on white scrren like google,market and the gray drop sown screen. And then I have to really look for it to see it. I did a shootme of the white google screen and when I look at it in the gallery and then half swipe, Its not in the pic so its a screen thing. For me anyway I remember someone mentioning it a few weeks ago and then forgot about it until mentioned here so its not really noticeable. It may vary per phone just like call quality, gps ect.

10. newtype06

newtype06 Active Member

It's your screen protector, try peeling it off and replacing with a new one. I had this "curious" little line too, so I reapplied my Invisible shield and it is now gone :D

11. skd02

skd02 Well-Known Member

I have the green line as well, didn't even notice is until this thread... No screen protector here.

12. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the green line is an AMOLED/SAMOLED thing. I think it has to do with the angle of the last line of the screen due to the PenTile subpixel matrix.

On my Incredibles it was a magenta line on the left, and a faint green line on the right. On both of my Epic 4Gs its a faint green line on the right. On my Fascinate its a pronounced green line on the left.

13. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Hehehee hehe lol :)

You are quite the joker hey Frisco ;) haha

Hmm @ryomn1

you might have some stuck pixels hmm i dunno actually but try this first: (it's free so don't worry :))

JScreenFix - Fix stuck pixels ~ Android Application v2.1 By JADS Limited | Tools

Hope this helps hmm other wise i think you might need to reinstall the OS or send it back while still under warranty for maybe dead pixels or something hmm im not 100% sure if it is hardware or software?

Anywayz... that app is sort of like a degauss (i think) but for cathode ray tube

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degaussing

Keep well

Stinky :)

Frisco likes this.
  14. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

This green line thing affects every Fascinate on display, in my ownership, or that my friends own. I really don't think you'll be successful unsticking pixels or getting it sent back.

It is more pronounced on some versus others. But it is always there. Forgot to mention in my previous post that it was there for the Samsung Focus WP7 I owned but took back. It's just an AMOLED/SAMOLED thing.

15. seanatsb

seanatsb Well-Known Member

Never noticed it on my phone, but I took a closer look after reading this thread, and sure enough it is there, about only 1 pixel wide. But since you have to look really closely to see it, I'm not going to worry about it.

16. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

well i guess Im going to have someone show it to me on mine..Ive looked outside, inside, and under flor lights..still nothing. So maybe it varies from phone to phone ;)

17. ryomn1

ryomn1 Member This Topic's Starter

cool thanks for all the input i went to best buy the other day and the tech working the mobile dept. had the same green line on is fascinate so from what your all saying and the best buy tech im not to worried about it.