• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help green tint on camera flash - SOLVED

davo26

Android Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2011
hi

just bought a second hand htc one x for my wife. all ok apart from the green tint to all pictures taken with the flash indoors.

googling shows its a common problem, but i cant find a solution. do i need to root it and instal a different rom? or is there some sort of update or fix for this now?

thanks

I'm very pro root anyway, but if you're out of warranty, there's no harm.

I'm not entirely sure it will fix it, but there's no harm in giving it a go.

Do you know what you're doing? I'm talking someone else through the process here so feel free to read through some of the stuff I've linked there and ask if you have any questions.

Reactions: davo26
Upvote 0
It looks like you need to be rooted and have a custom recovery installed for that to work.
thanks. i worked on the phone for several hours last night, unlocking bootloader and then rooting. i installed viper rom which went ok. as soon as i installed the green tint fix from zip tho, it wouldnt reboot. it hangs with a system fault.
i then have to wipe everything and restore my nandroid, which obviously doesnt include the fix.

would you be able to help me out any more please?

thanks

Upvote 0
thanks. i worked on the phone for several hours last night, unlocking bootloader and then rooting. i installed viper rom which went ok. as soon as i installed the green tint fix from zip tho, it wouldnt reboot. it hangs with a system fault.
i then have to wipe everything and restore my nandroid, which obviously doesnt include the fix.

would you be able to help me out any more please?

thanks

Is the fix confirmed and working for that particular version of Viper? What was the exact error message when you rebooted after flashing?

Reactions: davo26
Upvote 0
Is the fix confirmed and working for that particular version of Viper? What was the exact error message when you rebooted after flashing?
no, nowhere says that that fix works with viper, i just hoped it would. ive found what appears to be a different fix here
HTML:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2415999&page=2

i cant remember what the error said now, id have to do it again, but ill probably try this new file next, and make note of the error this time if it doesnt work.

thanks a lot

Upvote 0
Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones