Greetings All

Last Updated:

1. DonnyIrish

DonnyIrish Member This Topic's Starter

Long-time Lurker, first-time poster :)

I've been hitting this site since last winter, really trying to gather all I can about Android and the phones that are going to support it. I've been leaning toward the Sholes/Tao, but being with Verizon, I'm just hoping they don't handcuff it too much, that will be a deal breaker for me.

I have enjoyed watching the discussions on the forums, and the chaotic podcasts are always good fun (are they supposed to be informative as well?) I'm thinking the recent, hectic, activity is going to seem slow once we get all these rumored phones vendored up and in our hands live after the holidays. I can't wait :D

DonnyIrish

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Well being a Verizon customer you should already know that the phone will be well shackled .... that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone ...

3. DonnyIrish

Here's to being optimistic. VZW finally opened up the BB Tour and Storm so they could use their GPS. I'm hoping , albeit doubtfully, (oxymoron?) that THAT was a step in the right direction, and a sign of the times that VZW is starting to understand the gravity of what smartphones can do for their business. I'll take a guess and say I think Verizon will lower/drop some of their "feature packages", like charging for VZNav and the like, once they get their Market up to capacity and running. This will belay people complaining about being charged for the basic functions their phones were meant to do for free. And as long as there is competition "in-house" so to speak, I think that will be the only option big red would try early on.

4. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Welcome to the forums! :)

5. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Welcome!

6. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF forums! :D

7. DonnyIrish

Thanks all!

It looks like the situation is heating up, with Verizon and Google making big announcements yesterday. I hope this will only expedite the phones to market!