Greetings all.

Last Updated:

1. ivarredspear

ivarredspear New Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 23, 2010
    Great big hello to all you Android fanatics out there!

Just picked up the Motorola Backflip recently..... (Yes it is the neutered AT&T version ..... not for long though... ;) )

Just ran into an annoying quirk related to this little gadget.... Sitting in the Doha, Qatar airport, tried to get onto the free wifi spots, my little buddy does not see any of the routers.... Got me a little worried but after firing up my laptop, it seems that the AT&T backflip has been locked down to connect to wifi only in the USA..... now, this has got the juices flowing since the radio should be able to communicate with any compliant devices so, I figure that it's software that is keeping me down.

Any other globe trotters out there run into a similar snag? The phone is still new so, I have not found any guides on circumventing this.... I wonder if "unlocking" the phone would get around this or should I look at rooting the thing.

I would hate to find out that they slapped some sort of USA only radio in the thing (Hopefully not likely...... )

There we are then.... starting out by banging my head against a wall.... Nothing Better!

See ya round the forum!

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool: