• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Greetings from Fogo Island, Newfoundland!

Hi everyone! I am a nature/landscape photographer living on beautiful Fogo Island, which is located off the northeast coast of Newfoundland. (my photography website link is in my profile) I have just purchased my first ever Android phone; a Samsung Gio. In fact, I have not even received it yet; should be in my mailbox by early next week. I'm interested in hearing from those of you who have this particular model, to learn what you think of it. (any strengths/weaknesses, etc)

Being an avid photographer, I am naturally quite interested in the camera on this phone, which I have been told is actually of quite good quality, for just a mere 3.2 megapixels. I have viewed some amazing sample photos which indeed seem to indicate that the Samsung Gio truly is capable of capturing very good quality still images, though my understanding is that the video quality is poor. (I won't be using video, so that's OK)

Anyway, just wanted to take a moment to say Hi; introduce myself. If any of you are using this Samsung Gio for photography, above taking standard snapshot shooting, I'd be interested in hearing from you.

Best regards,
Glen B.
Fogo Island, Newfoundland (Canada)

Reactions: Kilia
Glen, thanks for joining these forums. Welcome to Android Forums. Congrats on the new phone. I hope it is everything you anticipate. We have an area here where all of the Gio people hang out and exchange tips and tricks for their phones. You will definitely enjoy checking out what those folks have to say. And you can count on them to help you if you need assistance getting your phone set up just the way you want once it arrives. Here is a link to the Gio area. Just give it a click and enjoy.
Samsung Galaxy Gio - Android Forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones