• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Greetings from NY

Hello all, names Jay. Just thought I'd drop a line. I ordered my G1 on Saturday, so hopefully I'll get my Phone by tomorrow-Thursday. you have no idea how excited I am to get my hands on this phone. I've had the same damn black RZR for the past two years.

Don't you just love the feeling of getting your hands on a new piece of tech? How you obsess over the thing for its first week learning its layout and toying with all its features? I cant wait to theme it once i feel comfortable enough to give it a shot.

Well, glad to make your acquaintance everyone, see you on the forums!

Hello all, names Jay. Just thought I'd drop a line. I ordered my G1 on Saturday, so hopefully I'll get my Phone by tomorrow-Thursday. you have no idea how excited I am to get my hands on this phone. I've had the same damn black RZR for the past two years.

Don't you just love the feeling of getting your hands on a new piece of tech? How you obsess over the thing for its first week learning its layout and toying with all its features? I cant wait to theme it once i feel comfortable enough to give it a shot.

Welcome to the AF, you will find the G1 an excellent piece of technology !!

Upvote 0

Are you in NYC? I'm moving out there and wonder what t-mobile is like...

Upvote 0
Are you in NYC? I'm moving out there and wonder what t-mobile is like...

T-mobile seems hit-or-miss with a lot of people, personally I've never had any problems with the service, except for its long island coverage, which has improved in the past year. as far as signals go if you're living in Manhattan then you'll never have to worry about dropped calls. as for other parts of the 5 borough every provider has its spotty areas. my cousin who uses sprint lives in the Bronx and moved about three miles away, she has to sit by her window now to ensure she has enough bars. lol

T-mobile also the cheapest out of the major providers if I'm not mistaken

Upvote 0
T-mobile seems hit-or-miss with a lot of people, personally I've never had any problems with the service, except for its long island coverage, which has improved in the past year. as far as signals go if you're living in Manhattan then you'll never have to worry about dropped calls. as for other parts of the 5 borough every provider has its spotty areas. my cousin who uses sprint lives in the Bronx and moved about three miles away, she has to sit by her window now to ensure she has enough bars. lol

T-mobile also the cheapest out of the major providers if I'm not mistaken

Oh, thanks for the tip. T-mobile is the cheapest among the big providers. Which is kind of what brought me to the G1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones