• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Greetings from snow country

From the Land of Lake-Effect Snow (central New York) - if you don't know what that is, consider yourself lucky.

I snagged myself a Samsung Galaxy Centura - a Tracfone - and I love to tinker, so Android was probably a good choice. I'd like to eventually write some programs for these.

My programming experience goes back to the IBM System/370 (FORTRAN, APL, and COBOL), then a Commodore 64 in '83 (BASIC), and various IBM midrange machines (S/36, AS400) running RPG II, III, and IV. I've also done a bit of Visual BASIC and VB Script.

I'm going to need a lot of help with this Linux stuff...

Welcome to the forums rlg118. It's great to have you here as a new member. You've chosen a great place to sharpen your skills for Android. We do have a special set of forums for the developers that you might find interesting and informative. Here is a link:
Android Development - Android Forums
We are all here helping one another to get the most from our devices and to push android platform to the max. I think you are going to enjoy your time here. Thanks for joining the community.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones