Greetings... New HTC Incredible user

Last Updated:

1. piusg

piusg Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings, all!

I'm a new Droid user, with a new HTC Incredible, having come over from the BlackBerry Storm 2. I've been a BlackBerry user for the last four years. I loved my BlackBerry Curve 8330, but my Storm? Not so much. Finally after the third Storm I had went bad, Verizon gave me an early upgrade and I chose to spend it on the Incredible.

The transition has been... interesting. I liken it to having driving a Ford Explorer for four years, and then switching over to a Corvette ZR-1. They both have four wheels, a motor, and steering wheel, gas, and brakes are more or less where you'd expect to find them--and that's where the similarity rather abruptly ends. When I climbed behind the wheel of the Incredible, I was--to extend the metaphor--all over the road looking for stuff where I thought it ought to be and not finding it there, much like wanting to turn on the wipers on the 'Vette and instead turning off the traction control, throwing the car into a 4g power slide round a curve.

It's only day two with the Incredible and I feel I'm confident enough to drive it now without putting it into a wall. But I still need to get a lot more used to it.

Cheers!

Gregory Pius
    Wellington (like the beef), Florida

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Welcome aboard from another FL user!

The learning curve on android phones are a little bit steeper than most other phones, but once you get used to it you'll love it! :D